As part of its Emmy-winning television show Arizona Wildlife Views, the Arizona Game and Fish Department has produced a number of great video segments focused on Arizona’s wildlife. Most of these are currently available to watch on the Department’s YouTube channel. In an attempt to make these videos more classroom-friendly, we have reviewed a number of the clips to provide useful information for the teacher.
Each video in this collection includes:
- A brief description to help you determine if this is the right video for your students.
- An embedded version of the video as well as a direct link to its YouTube page.
- Discussion questions that can be answered while pausing the video at specific spots.
- Critical thinking questions that are correlated to Arizona science standards that can be answered after watching the video.
- Links to other resources related to the topic of the video.
Since there is a large collection of videos, we have tried to make it as easy as possible to find ones that are meaningful to your instruction. You can use the column to the right to:
- Choose a specific grade level.
- Click on a general topic.
- Type a keyword into the search box.
- Find recently added and most popular videos.
Whichever method you select should bring up all of the videos relevant to that search.
We love to receive feedback. Let us know what you thought about the video and the supplemental resources. Provide a comment on the appropriate video page.
And come back again, we are regularly adding new videos.
For other resources related, please visit our Focus Wild Arizona homepage.